Friday, August 29, 2014

Handover, We Have The Keys!

29/8/2014

And just like that we have the keys to our brand new home. I received a call from the Loans Manager late yesterday afternoon to say that the valuer was happy to release the final payment. I phoned the SS after I had the cheque in my hand to say we are ready for handover which caught him by surprise considering the valuer only came out yesterday. He said he had never seen a financial institution move so quick so it seems I've broken some sort of record. Anyway after the formalities which took over 1.5hrs, I handed over the cheque and received some nice shiny keys and a pack which included some bath towels which I'll talk about in a second, a soap dispenser and toilet brush.
 After the shock of standing in a brand new home I return back to my current home which is two minutes away and gathered some of the light fixtures that my wife had been collecting over the past few months. By that time she had showed up after returning from swimming lessons for our two boys with a bottle of bubbly. While I was installing globes, the boys were straight into the freestanding bath and that's where the towels came handy. I had to shoot off to Bunnings down the road for more globes and gather some takeaway returning to find my wife in the bath, full to the top. Now there was a lot of debate over if we could afford it with me being in the affirmative but in the end she agreed that it was worth it while sipping on her bubbly. Now the fun begins although we won't be moving in straight away as I want to have the driveway, A/C, Solar panels and an extra Lin door installed for the Home Theatre. Silly me forgot to have that included in the plans and I wasn't paying another 1K for the variation.


Our keys, gift pack and information documents.

Celebration time!

My boys enjoying their new bath.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats guys! Such an exciting time! Can't wait to see more photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Handover time is so exciting - enjoy every minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! The picture of your children is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete